Winter is Coming
"Real luxury is understanding quality, and having the time to enjoy it.”
G Bruce Boyer
For Game of Thrones fans, in House of Stark’s house words “Winter is Coming”; although this may be an apt way to describe May as the last season of autumn, we have however continued to see some spectacular blue sky days in amongst the thunderbolts and lightning. As moody winter days move in, take time out to enjoy some cosy days spent relaxing in the hot spa pool nestled under the majestic pohutukawa tree looking out across the bay, curled up in front of the open fire reading a book or catching up with family and friends.
Elements of Castor Bay is only an 7.5 km (13 minute) drive from Heletranz Helicopters, making transfers from Auckland International or Domestic Airport to Elements easily accessible for anyone who wants it. They also offer a meet-and-greet service at the Airport.
If it’s a scenic flight you’re looking for Heletranz offer the popular 36-minute Coast to Coast Scenic, the 90-minute Coromandel Adventure or why not try the Champagne Evening flight for a special occasion?
If you are staying in Auckland with Elements, but dream of getting away for that quality time on a premier New Zealand golf course, then Elements and Heletranz, working together with Pinpoint Premium Golfing Experiences, this could be your opportunity to play one of New Zealand’s leading golf courses with New Zealand’s only Tour Pro golf guides. For more information on PinPoint Golf see our April blog.
We were fortunate enough to have both mother and mother in-law in town for Mother’s Day in May. We made the most of this special time together by making a trip to Matakana Village which is a 55-minute drive north of Elements, where the whole family enjoyed lunch at one of our Matakana favourites, Plume.
Plume is a stunning winery restaurant, situated in the spectacular grape-growing region of Matakana, offering views of vineyards, fields, valleys and mountains, and they strive to make sure every guest who walks through the doors has an excellent, sensory experience.
With both indoor and outdoor patio dining, you can relax and enjoy the view from the warm interiors on brisk days, or sit out in the sunshine and elements and breathe in the countryside air during the sunny days.
The menu is seasonal and is a celebration of New Zealand’s culturally diverse dining scene, complemented by fresh, local produce. As a vineyard restaurant, the wine list comes from our very own backyard, courtesy of Runner Duck Estate.
What’s coming up in June
We are very excited to see the Lap of Luxury return to our screens on TVNZ 1 for a third season. It’s never been a better time to spend Saturday nights in to watch your favourite travel show. Rumour has it Elements of Castor Bay may make an appearance on the last Saturday of June (24th June).
Other events to look out for in June:
· First Thursdays in Karangahape Road | Thursday 1 June – if you’re visiting Auckland on 1 June why not stay at Elements and which visit the night markets and live music happening on K-Road on the first Thursday of every month.
· Throughout June say bonjour toThe French Film Festival Aotearoa, with 23 of the best French films showing in three locations across Auckland. Tres Bien!
· Hamilton (the musical) at Spark Arena till 11 June - The multi-award-winning musicalHamiltonis finally making its way to Aotearoa. Having scooped Tony, Grammy, Olivier Awards and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama, now Kiwis will finally have the chance to get in on the critically acclaimed act.
· Miss New Zealand & Miss Auckland Final Night | Sunday 18 June right here in Takapuna at the Bruce Mason Centre.
· Circa’s Peepshow (Club remix) | 29 June – 1 July has astonished audiences in Berlin, London and Sydney. On this seductive circus thrill-ride, flashes of cheeky cabaret, nightclub and raw humanity explode into view before disappearing into darkness. Joined by a live DJ and featuring some of the best acrobatic talent on the planet.